Saturday, March 15, 2008

Joining the blogosphere

I've been meaning to get around to starting a blog for, oh, at least two years or so. So now, thanks to the help of my good friend Rachel McAlpine (web writing adviser to the world) I'm finally DOING IT. Only problem now is - what to write?

Maybe I should introduce myself. I'm in my (very early) sixties. Right now I'm sitting in my study in the townhouse my husband and I moved to about nine months ago. Moving is always ghastly but we were also badly out of practice, since we hadn't done it for fifteen years. But it was worth it. And right after we did it, the housing market in New Zealand started to collapse, so we feel as if we've escaped a huge scary monster by the skin of our teeth.

I work at home as an editor and I write "for fun". Well, not exactly. As Linda Grant recently wrote, writing is not fun, and we would not do it if there was anything else we could find to do that was as absorbing, because it involves "going into your study to fail and failing until lunchtime".

1 comment:

  1. Tena koe Anne

    As a younger feminist, I have enjoyed reading your writing for many years now. So welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to reading your writing for many more years to come.

    Arohanui

    ReplyDelete